Autor Wątek: before the game, but his lobbying efforts on coac  (Przeczytany 121 razy)

Offline elaine95

• mama zaangazowana
before the game, but his lobbying efforts on coac
« dnia: Październik 23, 2019, 08:12:30 »
Todd Gurley said his knee was fine http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-gardner-minshew-ii-jersey , and Sean McVay agreed.But Gurley, who received two votes for offensive player of the year, didn’t play like Gurley the past two games. He had five touches for 13 yards in the NFC Championship Game, and after McVay said he expected Gurley to play a “big role” in Super Bowl LIII, the Rams star running back had 11 touches for 34 yards.So what gave?“I actually think it is more of a result of the kind of opportunities he had,” McVay said. “I don’t want to [beat] a broken record Christian Wilkins Jersey , but the reality is that we didn’t get a lot of plays off in general until you kind of get into some of those known passing situations toward the end, and it seemed like we did end up having success.”Gurley had a 13-yard run in the fourth quarter negated by a holding penalty on center John Sullivan. Instead of a first down at the New England 44, the Rams went backward, facing first-and-20 at their own 33. “I thought the holding call was a really tough one for us,” McVay said. “We had a good drive going. Todd makes a nice cutback run on a tight zone, and then it puts us at first-and-20. Those kinds of plays seem like they continuously presented themselves throughout the night http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-michael-deiter-jersey , and it never really enabled us to get in a rhythm. That was really tough.”Gurley missed the final two regular-season games with left knee inflammation, but he hasn’t appeared on the team’s injury report the past three weeks.“Todd is healthy, and we just didn’t really get a chance to get anybody going today offensively, and that starts with me,” McVay said. Chargers running back Melvin Gordon is excited to get back this week, even if it is against the Ravens and one of the league’s top run defenses.That’s because he has games beyond this week on his mind Garrett Bradbury Jersey , as the Chargers plan for the postseason.“It’s going to be tough,�? Gordon said, via Jeff Miller of the . “But we’re going to go out there and knock off some rust and get myself ready for the playoffs.”Gordon has missed the last three games with an MCL sprain, and was close to returning last week against the Chiefs. He worked out before the game, but his lobbying efforts on coach Anthony Lynn were unsuccessful.“He was just trying to look out for what’s best for me and what’s best for the team,�? Gordon said. “He felt it would be selfish to put me out there and something potentially happens and [they] lose me for the rest of the year.”The Chargers have qualified for the postseason http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-irv-smith-jr.-jersey , making do with rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome while Gordon and backup Austin Ekeler (neck) were out.Gordon said he was “not 100 percent, obviously,” but that he felt well enough to play, and that’s a huge step for the Chargers as they enter the games that start in two weeks.